We were recently audited by BSI here at Covac and we are delighted to announce that we have achieved our recertification that complies with the requirements of 9001:2015. In order to achieve this, we were required to pass the standards set by BSI for Quality Management Systems and Environmental Management Systems. Read on to find out how we received our latest certificates.
To become BSI certified we had to meet the set standards which are designed to make your organisation more innovative and productive. Businesses of all sizes use these standards to operate more effectively, as the standards are tried and tested to improve performance, reduce risk and create more sustainable environments. The two featured standards which we had to meet included the quality management standard which involves operating more efficiently and environmental management, involving cutting down waste and improving our environmental image.
The Process of Becoming Certified
BSI not only develop the standards, but they also test businesses on the standards with the use of independent experts. The idea is to transfer the knowledge from experts to business staff to improve businesses. The certification process followed by BSI is listed below:
- Contact BSI to let them know what standard you are aiming to meet
- BSI then provide a proposal detailing the costs and time involved in the formal assessment
- BSI will assign you with an assessment team and a dedicated client manager
- BSI also provide training workshops, seminars or training courses to bring staff up to certification level
- Optional pre-assessment provided by BSI to identify any omissions or weaknesses that need to be resolved before the final assessment
- The assessment then follows pre-assessment and comprises of several stages depending on the chosen standard
- Once the assessment is passed you receive your certificate of registration
- The standards do not stop there though as your dedicated client manager will carry out ongoing assessments to support continual improvement at your business
The Benefits of BSI Certification
BSI certification has many benefits as BSI match their assessors’ industry experience to the needs of the company, so they have the knowledge to understand the challenges within your sector. Access is also granted to BSI’s assurance portal which provides you with 24/7 access to crucial BSI assessment information. During the assessment you will be guided through the process by BSI advisors which will provide you with support and our technical specialists will also be available for any complex issues which arise. BSI are also independently evaluated for their competence and performance capability to ensure that they deliver the best service to clients.
Now you understand the BSI process, it is time for you to use an accredited service provider when you next require tank repairs or refurbishment services. Contact us today if you require further information about our services.